By the way, ciabatta bread also tastes AMAZING when toasted with jelly for breakfast in the mornings, or toasted in the oven with butter with dinner! Here are two sandwiches I made using ciabatta bread. Instead of meeting your girlfriends out at those expensive bakeries, why not make these and picnic outside on a beautiful Spring day!
Fancy Pants Avocado Club Sandwich
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees.
- Slice open a ciabatta roll. On the bottom side, spread a layer of apricot jam. Assemble the remaining ingredients in on top in the following order: turkey breast, cheese, bacon, avocado slices, top piece of roll.
- Bake in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes, just until bread is warm and a little crispy.
- Enjoy. Tastes even fancier if served/eaten with sweet potato chips.
Fancy Pants Italian Sub
- Slice a ciabatta roll in half. Assemble meat as follows on bread: ham, salami, pepperoni, and cheese, and top of roll.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 5 - 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is warm and slightly crispy. (This step is optional; The sandwich also tastes good cold.)
- Fill sandwich with sliced onions, lettuce, and mayo or Italian dressing if desired.