I used to buy the frozen pre-made chicken fingers at the store, but since I discovered this recipe I don't have to anymore. These taste WAY better and I make them in advance and freeze them for those quick lunches (or dinners) on busy days. What's in those mediocre tasting, frozen store bought chicken fingers anyway?
Chicken Fingers (Recipe makes about 4 servings)
- Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees, or heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Get out two bowls and two plates. Place chicken tenders on one plate and cover the second plate with paper towels. Sprinkle Tony's seasoning on the chicken tenders. (You just need one or two teaspoon's worth.)
- In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour your buttermilk into the second bowl.
- Dredge your chicken into the flour mixture, then into the milk, and back into the flour.
- Fry chicken fingers in hot oil for 5 - 7 minutes. (If frying in skillet, make sure fingers are covered in oil, or turn them over after first side is cooked.) When done, transfer the chicken fingers onto the plate with paper towels to cool.