So, how about some chili served with some pumpkin cornbread? I think I'll make/freeze extra for chili dogs or chili cheese fries on Football Sunday too. ;)
Both recipes are super easy to throw together, and I highly suggest you do like me and make extra to freeze. It's always nice to have instant meals for busy weeknights that are homemade and make your body feel so much better than those store bought, processed instant foods!
- Cook ground beef in a stockpot over medium heat. When the beef is half way cooked through, add in the onion, peppers, and green chiles and continue cooking until meat is fully browned.
- Add everything else (except topping ingredients) to the pot and it simmer on low heat, covered for an hour, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Also tastes great over a baked potato!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour through cornmeal) together and set aside. In another bowl, blend all wet ingredients (eggs through honey).
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together just until combined.
- Pour batter into 8 x 8 pan and smooth out to evenly cover the pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.